|Cooking Time:||40 minutes|
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 kg beef mince
- 2 x 400 ml cans chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 250 ml beef stock
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves picked and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 2 medium Sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cauliflower, cut into chunks
- 50 g Butter
- 100 g mature cheddar, grated
- salt and pepper
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
- In a large pot, saute the onion, carrots and celery in good splash of olive oil.
- Add the garlic and mince then saute for another 10 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, beef stock and herbs then cover and allow to simmer for 20-25 minutes.
- While the mince is cooking, steam the sweet potatoes and cauliflower until cooked through.
- Mash with the butter and half of the cheddar and season to taste.
- Pre-heat the oven to 220°c.
- When he mince is cooked, transfer the meat to an oven-proof dish.
- Top with the vegetable mash and the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Place into the oven and allow to bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is golden brown.
- Remove and allow to sit for 5 minutes then serve.