Note: Promotions in store and online may vary
Klein River cheese maker Jacko Van Beulen developed the magnificent Oak Smoked Stanford hard cheese and named it after their local village, Stanford, in the Western Cape. It is matured for 3-4 months and smoked using a cold smoking technique the old fashioned way, controlling the draft and temperature.
The Stanford is smoked by The Aphrodisiac Shack Traditional Smokehouse which is located on the banks of the Theewaterskloof dam just outside Villiersdorp.
HOW TO USE
- Best accompanied by baby potatoes, gherkins, cocktail pickled onions, and dried meat, (such as jambon and salami). Serve with Riesling.
- Cheese strength: Medium -3
- This is a random mass product, the average mass is displayed above
- From Klein River Farmstead, Stanford, Western Cape
- Made in South Africa
- 1st prize in the National Diary Championship Awards
- QUALITY IS OUR OBSESSION: You can count on us for the very best.
- HOME OF AWARD WINNING CHEESE: Working together, our experts and suppliers create superior cheeses that win local and international awards year after year.
- BRINGING YOU THE BEST: Our experts work with local artisanal cheesemakers to bring you innovative cheeses. They also travel the world to source the most authentic and unique cheeses.
- Product code:
100% would recommend this product to a friend