Note: Promotions in store and online may vary
Romanesco Broccoli is one of the most beautiful of all the Brassicas. The stunning Fibonacci spirals that comprise the 'curds' make real statement on any plate. Broken into individual spirals, Romanesco makes a great, sweet, raw dipping ingredient. A light steaming or a quick boil is the best way to bring out the delicate flavour of your stunning, home-grown, Romanesco broccoli.
HOW TO USE
- Plant from February to May or August to September in seedling trays.
- Transplant seedlings into well-improved soil.
- Space the seeds 40 cm apart between plants and 50 cm between rows.
- Harvesting has to be timed correctly – they should be cut before the individual florets start to discolour or open.
- Planting 10 – 15 plants will provide an extended harvest as they will not ripen together.
- Approximately 50 seeds
- Brassica oleracea
- GROW YOUR OWN
- Exclusively available at Woolies
These Heirloom Vegetable Seeds have been saved and maintained through generations from varieties that existed before 1950. Sean and Nicola Freeman of Livingseeds are the custodians of the largest vegetable heirloom collection in South Africa.
- Product code:
Leave us a review!
Share with us your experience with this product