This Rainbow Beetroot Blend is an exclusive blend of five different heirloom beetroot varieties. White and candy striped beetroot are excellent thinly sliced into salads for their sweet flavour and great visual appeal. Freshly picked and boiled or roasted beetroot adds a new dimension to any meal.
HOW TO USE
- Sow seeds from August to May.
- Soak them overnight and sow directly where they are to grow.
- Space the seeds 7 - 10 cm between plants and 30cm between rows.
- Harvest the beetroot plants as soon as the roots are about 5cm in diameter. Which is approximately 50 days after sowing.
- Leaves can be eaten as spinach.
- When harvesting, twist the leaves off the roots to reduce them ‘bleeding’ into the pot.
- Approximately 100 seeds
- Beta vulgaris
- GROW YOUR OWN
- Exclusively available at Woolies
These Heirloom Vegetable Seeds have been saved and maintained through generations from varieties that existed before 1950. Sean and Nicola Freeman of Livingseeds are the custodians of the largest vegetable heirloom collection in South Africa.
- Product code:
Leave us a review!
Share with us your experience with this product