Some of the tastiest lettuce varieties in existence are heirlooms. The varieties selected for this loose-leaf collection are of the finest available with superior flavours and textures. Our collection is a unique selection of quick growing six loose leaf lettuce varieties containing a blend of red, green and speckled leaved lettuce.
HOW TO USE
- Sow shallowly in cool soil.
- Can be sown directly in soil or in seedling trays.
- If planting in mid-summer, refrigerate the seed for a week.
- Space the seeds 25 cm between plants and 40cm between rows,
- Pick as needed and remove flower heads to extend the harvest
- Approximately 100 seeds
- Lactuca sativa
- GROW YOUR OWN
- Exclusively available at Woolies
These Heirloom Vegetable Seeds have been saved and maintained through generations from varieties that existed before 1950. Sean and Nicola Freeman of Livingseeds are the custodians of the largest vegetable heirloom collection in South Africa.
- Product code:
Leave us a review!
Share with us your experience with this product