- 1 cucumber, seeded
- 5 garlic cloves, finely grated
- 3 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 cups double cream plain yoghurt
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 1/2 cups red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp castor sugar
- 1 red onion, cut into thin petals
- 500 g lamb mince
- 1 kg lean beef mince
- 4 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp Woolworths sosatie spice
- lemon wedges to serve
- Woolworths heat and eat pita breads
- 1 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic clove, smashed
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
- Finely cube the cucumber before adding to a mixing bowl along with the garlic, mint, parsley and yoghurt. Stir together before seasoning with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat the red wine vinegar along with the sugar and garlic. Bring to a simmer before adding the red onion and taking off the heat. Allow it to infuse while cooling in the pickle.
- For the Koftas: Combine all the ingredients together then shape into a ball slightly larger than a golf ball. Skewer the ball with a skewer or kebab stick. Begin squeezing the ball down the skewer to form a sausage like shape.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat before adding the skewered meat. Cook for 2 minutes before turning slightly to cook the kofta evenly.
- Squeeze the lemon over the kofta before serving with the pickled onions, tzatziki and pita breads.
You could enjoy this recipe too
Buy the ingredients
Add to Cart