|Recipe By:||Maranda Engelbrecht|
|Cooking Time:||1 hour|
|Serving Suggestion:||Serve with parmesan ice cream and lemon confit.|
|Prep Time:||10 minutes|
- 4 tins whole kernel corn
- 500 g cake flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 60 ml softened butter
- 3 Free-range eggs, beaten
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- double thick cream
- 3 juiced lemons
- 200 g White sugar
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Process half of the corn kernels in a blender until smooth. Add to mixing bowl and combine with the remaining corn.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the corn mixture and mix gently. Pour into a baking loaf tin or a heatproof oven dish.
- Bake for 55 – 60 mins until set and golden brown. Remove and cool slightly. Cut into slices while still warm and serve with Parmesan ice cream and lemon confit.
- For the parmesan ice cream, heat cream and cheese in a double boiler. Stir until cheese has melted. Pour through a strainer or sieve and place into a container to freeze until set.
- For the lemon confit, carefully remove the zest from the lemons, without the white parts. Finely julienne the zest. Segment the lemon flesh and place into a bowl. Squeeze the remaining juice from the segmented lemon over the segments.
- Blanch the zest for 1 minute in a little boiling water in a small saucepan. Discard the water and repeat the process three times using fresh water every time.
- Put the lemon and sugar into a small saucepan and add the zest.
- Place the pan over low heat and simmer for 15 – 20 mins until the segments have broken down and the liquid is well reduced. Do not burn. Cool in refrigerator.
You could enjoy this recipe too
Buy the ingredients
Add to Cart