You need to try these amazing mushroom arancini
Say hi to the tapas dish of your dreams: mushroom arancini stuffed with, oh yes, cubes of mozzarella. Basically it’s a deep-fried risotto ball with a centre of molten cheese – and it’s wildly delicious. You may want to double the recipe…
Mushroom arancini balls
- Woolworths Easy to Cook Frozen Wild Mushroom Risotto: 600 g
- Woolworths Mozzarella: 100 g, cubed
- Flour: 120 g
- Free range eggs: 2, beaten
- Woolworths Panko Breadcrumbs: 400 g
- Oil, for frying
- Garlic aioli, to serve
- Grated Parmesan, to serve
- Woolworths Exotic Mushrooms: 300 g, sliced
- Fresh sage
- Olive oil: 2 tablespoons
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Cook the Easy to Cook Woolworths Frozen Wild Mushroom Risotto by adding it to a saucepan over a medium heat. Simmer for 8–10 minutes, stirring every so often for even cooking of the grains. Set the risotto aside to chill.
- Roll the chilled risotto into 10 equal-sized balls, or fewer if you prefer larger arancini.
- Push a cube of mozzarella into the centre of each risotto ball, and fold closed.
- Coat the balls in flour, then the beaten egg, before finally coating them in the breadcrumbs. Place in the fridge and chill for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oil for deep frying on medium heat. Fry the arancini for 5 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Fry up exotic mushrooms in sage and olive oil; season and flip until golden and cooked through. 7 Serve the arancini with warm mushrooms, garlic aioili and freshly grated Parmesan.
(Serves 4 as a snack)
Feeling like a bit of a get together now?