We’re making strawberry cobbler
Winter going on a bit long? Time to get baking – try this warm and fruity strawberry cobbler for an instant comfort food pick-me-up.
- Pink Lady apples: 2, peeled and sliced
- Strawberries: 400 g, tops removed
- Sugar: 200 g
- Butter: 100 g
- Flour: 120 g
- Ground cloves: 1 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon: 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Milk: ½ cup
- Vanilla paste: 2 teaspoons
- Desiccated coconut: 40 g
- Flaked almonds: 100 g
- Icing sugar: 3 tablespoons, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the sliced apples and strawberries into a baking dish and sprinkle with 3 tablespoons sugar. Toss to combine.
- Cube the butter and dot between the fruit.
- Combine the flour, remaining sugar, cloves, cinnamon, baking powder, salt, milk, vanilla paste
- and desiccated coconut. Mix well.
- Pour the batter over the strawberries and scatter with the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the batter is golden. Dust with icing sugar before serving.