This coffee-citrus-malva pudding is a vibe
We see your malva pudding, and we raise you one spiked with both citrus and a kicky Irish coffee sauce. Because if you’re making a warming winter dessert, you might as well take care of business.
- Butter: 250 g
- Caster sugar: 260 g
- Free range eggs: 2
- ClemenGold: 2, zested and juiced
- Apricot jam: 80 g
- Bicarbonate of soda: 2 teaspoons
- Flour: 160 g
- Milk: 1/2 cup
- Salt: ¼ teaspoon
- Cream: 2/3 cup
- Instant coffee: 2 cups, prepared
- Sugar: 45 g
- Irish whiskey: ½ cup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter and sugar until pale.
- Add the egg and beat until incorporated.
- Add the juice, jam, bicarbonate of soda and flour.
- Pour in the milk, zest and salt. Mix until smooth.
- Spoon into 29 x 22 cm baking dish and bake for 35 minutes.
- To make the sauce, place all the ingredients in a saucepan and simmer for 5 minutes. Pour over the hot malva pudding, then set aside until cooled to room temperature.
No time for baking from scratch? Use the Woolies Malva Pudding Mix. Simply follow the ingredients on the package. No-one will be the wiser.