This 30-minute tomato soup brings all the tang
This tomato soup can be in your belly in 30 minutes. Plus, we’re serving it with baked cheesy eggy toasts. Grab a spoon already, because supper is sorted.
Super easy tomato soup ingredients:
For the soup:
- Butter: 1 tabelspoon
- Olive oil: 3 tablespoons
- Leeks: 3, finely chopped
- Garlic cloves: 3, finely chopped
- Bay leaves: 3
- Tomato paste: 2 tablespoons
- Cherry tomatoes: 350 g
- Italian chopped tomatoes: 1 x 390 g can
- Chicken stock: 2 cups
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the smoked paprika oil:
- Light olive oil: 1/4 cup
- Smoked Spanish paprika: 1 teaspoon
- Garlic clove: ½, sliced (optional)
- Chilli: ½, sliced (optional)
For the cheesy egg toast:
- White bread: 4 slices, toasted
- Woolworths 10-month-matured Gouda: 8 tablespoons, grated
- Free range eggs: 4
- To make the soup, gently fry the leeks in the butter and oil in a saucepan over a medium heat until soft and golden. Add the garlic and bay leaves and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and cherry tomatoes and cook until soft. Add the remaining soup ingredients and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove the bay leaves.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend until still slightly chunky.
- To make the smoked paprika oil, heat the oil in a saucepan. Once hot, remove from the heat and stir in the paprika. Add a little garlic and chilli if you like.
- To make the cheesy egg toasts, preheat the oven to 180°C. Place the bread onto a baking tray. Using a spoon, make an indentation in the middle of the bread. Break an egg into the middle of each slice and quickly sprinkle the cheese around the egg, covering the edges of the bread. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the egg is cooked to your liking. Serve immediately with the soup, drizzled with a little paprika oil.
No time to cook?