Try this easy prawn & chorizo dish
Next time you’re planning a party or having friends over, take this baby for a test drive. Roast some baby sweet potatoes, fry some prawns and chorizo in butter, add some herbs… Easiest. Feast. Ever.
Spicy chorizo and prawn feast
- Baby sweet potatoes: 700 g, washed
- Shallots: 4, peeled and halved
- Fresh thyme: 5 g
- Extra virgin olive oil: 4 tablespoons
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to season
- Woolworths Smoked Chorizo Sarta: 225 g, broken into large chunks
- Butter: 2 tablespoons
- Garlic cloves: 2, crushed
- Woolworths Large Peeled Uncooked Prawns: 500 g
- Lemons: 2, juiced
- Fresh parsley: 15 g, roughly chopped
- Micro herbs, to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Place the sweet potatoes, shallots and thyme on a baking tray. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons oil and season, then roast for 20 minutes.
3. Heat the remaining oil in a pan over medium heat, add the chorizo and fry until its crispy. (Note: this can also be done in a cast iron pan on the braai or skottel.)
4. Remove the chorizo from the pan, then add the butter and garlic to the same pan and fry until fragrant.
5. Add the prawns and sauté for 3 minutes. Return the chorizo to the pan, then add lemon juice.
6. Sprinkle over parsley and season to taste.
7. Place roasted sweet potatoes on a platter, then break the sweet potatoes open slightly. Spoon over the prawn mixture. Garnish with micro herbs.
Not in the mood to cook?