Your next party trick: pull-apart pizza bread
Add some sass to your next party (time to move beyond the chip ’n dip routine, we say) and try this easy pull-apart pizza bread – this cheese-stuffed treat will have your guests begging for more.
Cheesy pull-apart pizza rolls
- Yeast: 2 x 7 g sachets
- Lukewarm water: 2 ½ cups
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Flour: 720 g
- Mozzarella: 400 g, cubed
- Cheddar: 400 g, cubed
- Woolworths Tomato Paste with Soffritto: 3 tablespoons
- Olive oil: 1⁄4 cup
- Mix the yeast, water and sugar and set aside for a few minutes. Turn out the flour onto a clean surface or into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast mixture. Using a fork or blunt knife, slowly stir the liquid into the walls of the flour and start making a dough.
- As it comes together, knead the dough well for 10 minutes or until it is smooth and springy. Cover and set aside until double in size.
- Tear off balls of dough and stuff each ball with a cube of mozzarella or Cheddar.
- Arrange in a circular pattern, similar to a wreath, on an oiled baking tray and leave to rise again until double in size.
- Mix the soffritto and olive oil and brush onto the dough. Bake at 200°C for 30–40 minutes, or until just light golden and cooked through. Serve hot.
Not into DIY?