Avo toast gets the prawn treatment
Why stop at avo on toast when you can add prawns? And chipotle butter? We thought so. Celebrity cook, Siba Mtongana shows you how.
Avo-and-chipotle butter prawn toast
- Canola oil: 1 tablespoon
- Butter: 1 tablespoon
- Garlic cloves: 2, finely crushed
- Tomato paste: 1 tablespoon
- Chipotle: 1 tablespoon, soaked in water for at least 30 minutes, chopped
- Prawns: 80 g, peeled and shelled (if frozen, thawed completely and dried with kitchen paper)
- Soy sauce: 1 tablespoon
- A squeeze of lime juice
- Sourdough: 2–4 slices, toasted
- Avocados: 2, thickly sliced
- Pomegranate rubies: 4 teaspoons, to garnish
- A handful of pea shoots, to garnish
- A handful of edamame beans, to garnish
Heat the oil in a pan, then add the butter and heat until melted.
Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the tomato paste and chipotle.
Add the prawns, then season with soy sauce and lime juice. Cook for 3–4 minutes, then remove from the heat.
Place the sourdough on a plate. Top with the avocado and prawns, garnish with pomegranate rubies, edamame beans and pea shoots.
No time for DIY?