Cheesy baked prawns for the win
Summer is coming which means two things: holiday parties, and the possibility of unexpected guests showing up on your doorstep. Get ready by stashing some items in the freezer – perfect to cook up a quick, dazzling meal like this baked prawn feast.
Easy prawn bake
- Add fresh cheese sauce to a pan and turn up the heat to let it bubble.
- Add some sliced baby fennel bulbs.
- Defrost a frozen cooked prawn ring and scatter the prawns into the cheese sauce, top with thick slices of brie cheese and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake under the grill until the mixture is golden and bubbling (about 10 minutes).
- Garnish with fennel fronds.
- Serve while hot with toasted pitas, marinated olives, sun-dried tomatoes, caper berries, cheese like oak-smoked Stanford and a selection of cured Italian meats.
(Cook’s tip: the baked prawn sauce is also great tossed through pasta.)
Too busy to cook?