Let’s make milk tart ice cream
So you love milk tart. And you love ice cream. We say: why not combine the two? This deliciously simple recipe makes the perfect sweet summer treat. Bring on the waffles.
Milk tart ice cream:
- Place 2 1⁄3 cups of milk, 2–3 sticks cinnamon and 1–2 teaspoons ground mixed spice in a saucepan over a medium to low heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Once completely cooled, whisk in 4 cups cream and 200 g icing sugar, remove the cinnamon sticks and pour into Ziploc bags.
- Freeze overnight.
- Place the frozen milk in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spoon into a container and freeze again to set completely.
- Serve scoops on top of the Tennis biscuits and dust with ground cinnamon.
- Alternatively, serve on waffles with maple syrup.