A beautiful beetroot and bulgur wheat salad
Fresh and crunchy, this vibrant salad makes a perfect take-to-work lunch, or a delicious low-effort meal. That’s plant-based https://www.woolworths.co.za/cat/_/N-1adko1u perfection right there.
- Olive oil: 4 tablespoons
- Red onion: 1, finely chopped
- Ground cumin: ½ teaspoon
- Ground coriander: ½ teaspoon
- Garlic: 2 cloves, crushed
- Salt to season
- Bulgur wheat: 300 g, cooked as per packaging instructions
- Woolworths Baby Beetroot: 12, roasted and cut in half
For the red onion and radish pickle:
- Red onions: 2, or 4 shallots, peeled and quartered
- Radishes: 8, halved
- Woolworths Yellow Mustard Seed: ½ teaspoons
- Woolworths Red Wine Vinegar: 1 cup
- Woolworths Baby Leaves, to serve
- Woolworths Baby Veg, to serve
- Extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- Heat olive oil over medium heat and fry the red onion until golden brown. Add the cumin, coriander and garlic then gently fry for a minute. Season with salt.
- Toss through the cooked bulgur wheat.
- For the red onion and radish pickle; place all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- To serve: spoon the bulgur wheat mixture onto a platter and top with roasted beetroot, onion and radish pickle. Scatter over baby leaves and baby veg. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
- (Serves 4)