|Cooking Time:||35 minutes|
|Prep Time:||35 minutes|
- 8 Duck breast portions
- A few strips Orange peel
- 1 kg Medium plums
- 4 tbsp honey
- olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sumac
- 3-4 heads Chicory, for serving
- 2-3 heads cos lettuce, for serving
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1-2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 tsp allspice, ground
- 3-4 star anise
- 6 cups good-quality chicken stock
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Roast the plums with the rest of the ingredients for 30 minutes, or until tender. Turn halfway through the cooking time.
- Meanwhile, prick the skin of the duck breasts, then pour boiling water over them and drain. Slowly brown the skin in a pan over a gentle heat, then turn and briefly brown the other side. Remove from the pan but reserve the fat for another use.
- Season the duck, then spread with the rub. Add to the plums and roast – skin-side up – for 5 minutes, or until glazed and bronzed.
- To serve, allow the duck to cool to room temperature, then slice thinly. Slice the trimmed lettuce and chicory lengthways into long shreds, then turn onto a platter. Add the duck and the halved or quartered plums. Spoon over enough pan juices to moisten. Serve with the herbed quinoa salad on the side.