- 1 tsp Chipotle seasoning
- 1/2 Mediterranean Cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup of each Red and orange sweet peppers, cored, seeded and diced
- 200 g Red quinoa, rinsed
- 1 x 400 g tin Canned chickpeas, drained
- 6 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- a drizzle honey
- 4 limes,finely grated zest
- organic olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 avocado, peeled and halved
- A handful torn fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 spring onions, sliced for serving
- 500 ml water
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
- For the salad, place the quinoa and water into a large pot and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes until all the water is absorbed.
- Remove from the heat and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled quinoa with the chickpeas, red and orange sweet peppers, spring onion, cucumber and mint leaves.
- For the dressing, combine the olive oil, lime juice, honey, cumin, garlic and chipotle seasoning and mix well.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and serve with the avocado halves.