|Recipe By:||Sumien Brink|
|Serves:||makes 2 loaves|
|Cooking Time:||45 minutes|
|Prep Time:||1 1/2 hours|
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1.5 kg cake flour, plus extra for dusting
- 500 g sweet potato, boiled and mashed
- 2 x 10 g sachets instant yeast
- 3 1/2 cups tepid water
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Grease two bread tins. Mix the sweet potato with the tepid water until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and then create a well in the centre of the mixture.
- Spoon the sweet potato mixture into the well and then knead with the dry ingredients to form a smooth, elastic dough.
- Cover with a clean kitchen towel and allow to stand in a warm place until the dough has risen to double the size.
- Punch down the dough and distribute it between the bread tins. Allow it to rise, again to double the size, and then dust with flour.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then turn down the heat to 180°C and bake for a further 30 minutes.