|Recipe By:||Abigail Donnelly|
|Serves:||makes 1 cake|
|Cooking Time:||40 minutes|
|Prep Time:||30 minutes|
- 200 g sweet potato, cooked and puréed
- 100 g treacle or brown sugar
- 7 1/2 ml baking powder
- 70 g cake flour, sifted
- 4 cups oranges, peeled and segmented
- dark chocolate, grated, to decorate
- 4 free range egg, yolks
- 200 g butter, plus extra, melted, for the tart base
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
- Preheat an oven to 180°C.
- Grease a 20 cm round cake tin, medium-sized cake mould or loaf tin. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and pale.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Add the puréed sweet potato, half the melted chocolate and the orange zest. Sift together the soya and cake flours and baking powder.
- Fold into the buttery egg mixture and mix until well combined. Pour into the prepared mould and bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the mould or tin before unmoulding. When absolutely cool, pour the remaining melted chocolate over the cake.
- Allow the chocolate to set before serving.