|Serves:||makes 6 tarts|
- 4 sheets Frozen Phyllo Pastry 500g
- 1/4 red onion, sliced thinly
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 250 g Norwegian salmon portions
- 4 Tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 6 tbsp butter
- 2 large tbsp creme fraiche
- 2 Tbsp organic dill, chopped (optional)
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a large frying pan, fry the onion and garlic until soft and translucent.
- Add the salmon and dill and fry for another 5 minutes until the salmon is golden brown.
- Add the lemon juice and season to taste then remove from the heat.
- Cut the phyllo pastry into 12 long strips.
- Brush the strips with butter and layer two strips over one another (to create 6 double-layer strips of phyllo pastry).
- Spoon a little of the salmon mixture at the bottom of each strip then fold up to form a triangle.
- Place on the baking sheet, seam down and place in the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and crisp.
- To make the dill cream, mix the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Serve the crispy salmon pies with the dill cream