|Recipe By:||Phillippa Cheifitz|
|Serves:||2 to 4|
|Cooking Time:||30 minutes|
|Cook's Tips:||Add chunks of spicy smoked sausage, or torn or thinly sliced salami.|
|Prep Time:||20 minutes|
- 1/2 cup onion, sliced
- 5 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large cloves garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large red or yellow pepper, chopped
- 1 medium brinjal, chopped
- 1 400g tin Italian chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp fresh chilli, crushed
- a pinch sea salt, plus extra to taste
- black pepper, ground
- 4 Free-range eggs, beaten
- 2 Tbsp flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- wholewheat couscous, cooked according to package instructions
- 1 Tbsp chilli sauce
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
- Soften the onion in 3 Tbsp of olive oil in a large pan.
- Stir in the garlic, pepper and brinjal, plus the remaining olive oil.
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring once or twice until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the tomatoes, chilli and a little seasoning. Simmer for 10 minutes, uncovered, until the vegetables are cooked and the sauce has a good consistency.
- Season to taste.
- Add the eggs, cover and poach gently for 5 minutes or until the whites are set and the yolks slightly runny.
- Sprinkle with parsley and spoon over the hot couscous.
- Pass around the chilli sauce at the table.