Klein River Raclette is a full flavoured creamy medium fat cheese ths is super melty. A semi hard cheese with a mild sweet and fruity flavour. Although the cheese has a pleasant flavour, it is intensified when heated by fire or under a hot grill. Then the full, nutty, sweet and slightly fruity aromas are released and the stringy elasticity of the melting cheese makes it truly magnificent.
The term raclette comes from the French word 'racler', meaning "to scrape", a reference to the fact that the melted cheese must be scraped from the unmelted part of the cheese onto the plate. Traditionally the melting happens in front of an open fire with the big piece of cheese facing the heat. One then regularly scrapes off the melting side.
HOW TO USE
- Best accompanied by baby potatoes, gherkins, cocktail pickled onions, and dried meat, (such as jambon and salami). Serve with Riesling
- Although the cheese has a pleasant flavour, it is intensified when heated by fire or under a hot grill. Then the full, nutty, sweet and slightly fruity aromas are released and the stringy elasticity of the melting-cheese makes it truly magnificent.
- Cheese strength: Medium -3
- This is a random mass product, the average mass is displayed above
- From Klein River Farmstead, Stanford, Western Cape
- Made in South Africa
- QUALITY IS OUR OBSESSION: You can count on us for the very best.
- HOME OF AWARD WINNING CHEESE: Working together, our experts and suppliers create superior cheeses that win local and international awards year after year.
- BRINGING YOU THE BEST: Our experts work with local artisanal cheesemakers to bring you innovative cheeses. They also travel the world to source the most authentic and unique cheeses.
- Product code:
Leave us a review!
Share with us your experience with this product