The Mardouw XXV Intense extra virgin olive oil is an exceptionally balanced extra virgin olive oil from a single Coratina cultivar.
While the Coratina olive is known for its overly bitter and peppery cultivar, and usually blended with other cultivars, this Mardouw XXV Intense is a complex, well- balanced, fruity, bitter and peppery flavoured oil as a result of same-day cold extraction.
HOW TO USE
- Ideal as a salad dressing, drizzled over Italian bread, or morning toast instead of butter.
- Drizzle it on grilled fish, roast vegetables or stir fries
- It makes an excellent mayonnaise
- Olive oil is sensitive to air, light, temperature and humidity
- Do not refrigerate
- Product of South Africa
- Produced from one cultivar of Coratina olives
- Tasting notes of the fruit of green and ripe olives, olive leaves, artichoke, green almonds and walnuts.
- Oleic acid – 0.24%
- Peroxide level: 4.0mEq/kg
- Cholesterol free
The New Gold Standard: Pour it, pair it, taste it. Robust intensity extra virgin oilve oil has a rich, bold flavour and a peppery finish.
- All Mardouw’s extra virgin olive oil are pure, natural oils made from hand-picked olives and same-day cold extraction of the best cultivars.
- The Mediterranean climate and fertile soil at the foothills of the Langeberg Mountains in the Breede River Valley provide perfect conditions for the 50,000 trees on the estate.
- The entire production process takes place at the privately owned Mardouw Olive Estate in Swellendam, South Africa – making all Mardouw products genuine “estate” products.
- ABSA Top 10 2017 Gold winner
- Product code: