|Recipe By:||Abigail Donnelly|
|Cooking Time:||30 minutes|
|Prep Time:||40 minutes|
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup (180ml) cold water
- A pinch salt
- 4 heaped tbsp cake flour, sifted
- 4 large free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 3 bananas, peeled and mashed
- 300 ml low- fat or soya cream
- dark chocolate, grated, to decorate
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place a saucepan over a medium to low heat and melt the butter in the water until combined and simmering.
- Add the salt and the flour, reduce the heat and fold in using a wooden spoon for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool for a few minutes, then beat in the eggs until a smooth batter forms – it should drop easily from the spoon but hold its shape.
- Drop spoonfuls of batter onto a greased baking tray and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until puffed up and golden. Remove from the oven and pierce each éclair with a sharp knife to allow the steam to escape.
- Whip 1 cup of cream and fold in the bananas. Mix the melted chocolate with the remaining cream, a little at a time, until thick and smooth.
- Make an incision into each eclair and fill with banana cream and top with the chocolate ganache.
You could enjoy this recipe too
Buy the ingredients
Add to Cart