|Recipe By:||Abigail Donnelly|
|Cook's Tips:||You can use any Easter eggs to decorate this cake – let your imagination go wild!|
- 3 red velvet layer cakes
- 90 Woolworths small hollow milk chocolate easter eggs
- 1 1 Woolworths Hugo bunny easter egg
- 375 g butter, at room temperature
- 650 g icing sugar
- 80 g cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup milk
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
- To make the icing, cream the butter and icing sugar using an electric hand-mixer, slowly at first, gradually increasing the speed, until the mixture becomes light in colour and increases in volume, at least 5 minutes.
- Slowly add the cocoa while beating. Once all the cocoa has been added, add the salt and milk, a little at a time.
- Beat until the icing resembles the texture of chocolate mousse. Add a little more milk at a time if necessary.
- To assemble the cake, stack the red velvet layer cakes on top of each other, sandwiching them with a little of the icing. Use the remaining icing to liberally cover the outside and top of the cake stack. Gently press the chocolate Easter eggs into the icing, starting from the base of the cake and working your way up. Top with Hugo bunny.
P.S. We’ve hidden ten golden gift card tickets worth R10 000 each on our chocolate Easter eggs. If you find it, it’s yours!