Arrange these two-toned beauties in a pretty bowl or basket on your dining-room table to make a pretty – and edible – centrepiece.
- 1 1/2 litres warm water
- 4 tbsp white spirit vinegar
- green and blue food colouring
- 6 hard boiled free-range eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
- Divide the water and vinegar between two medium-sized bowls.
- Add 10 to 20 drops of green food colouring to one bowl, and the same amount of blue food colouring to the other. The amount of food colouring you add will determine the depth of colour. Stir both mixtures to combine.
- One at a time, submerge the eggs into the bowl of green dye for a few minutes.
- Remove the eggs from the dye and place on a sheet of kitchen paper to allow the colour to dry and deepen.
- Add the olive oil to the bowl of blue food colouring and stir. The mixture should be no deeper than 5 cm and the dye should be a deeper or contrasting hue to the green food colouring.
- Hold the egg between the thumb and finger of one hand and use the other hand to rotate it in the dye, allowing the oil to create the desired marbling effect.
- Remove the egg from the dye and pat dry. Repeat with the remaining eggs.
You could enjoy this recipe too
Buy the ingredients
Add to Cart