|Cooking Time:||35 minutes|
|Prep Time:||45 minutes|
- 50 g flour
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 200 g dark chocolate, chopped and melted
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- 4 large lemons, juiced and zested
- 425 g butter
- 450 g castor sugar
- 5 large egg yolks
- 8 large eggs
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
good-quality cocoa 1 T, plus extra for dusting
dark chocolate 200 g, chopped
butter 200 g, chopped
free-range eggs 4
free-range egg yolks 4
vanilla extract 1 T
caster sugar 100 g
flour 50 g
For the lemon curd:
large free-range eggs 4
large free-range egg yolk 1
caster sugar 350 g
butter 225 g
large lemons 4, juiced and zested
- To make the lemon curd, place a saucepan over a medium to low heat. Whisk together the eggs and egg yolk and place in the saucepan. Add the sugar, butter, lemon juice and zest. Whisk continually for 10–15 minutes, or until smooth and thick. Remove from the heat. Allow to cool and thicken further. Spoon 1 T lemon curd into 6 cavities of an ice tray and freeze.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Grease 6 metal dariole moulds or tea cups and dust with cocoa powder. Melt the chocolate and butter in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until creamy. Stir in the vanilla extract and the chocolate mixture. Sift in the flour and cocoa and fold in.
- Half-fill the moulds with batter, then add a cube of frozen lemon curd to each mould and add more batter until they are two-thirds full. Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until the tops spring back when gently touched. Run a knife around the edges of the cakes and turn out onto plates.
WINE: Woolworths Spier Natural Sweet White 2016