|Cooking Time:||1 hour|
|Prep Time:||15 minutes|
- 500 g butternut
- sea salt and milled pepper
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
- 1 cup Double cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg, freshly grated
- 500 g pork rashers, cubed
- 500 g linguini
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c.
- Halve the butternut then peel and remove the seeds.
- Cut into cubes then toss in a little oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the butternut cubes onto a baking sheet then place into the oven.
- Allow the butternut to roast for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- In the meantime, heat a large frying pan over high heat then fry the pork chunks until golden brown and cooked through. There should also be a layer of fat at the bottom of the pan which has rendered off from the pork rashers.
- Remove the pork from the pan and pour off all of the fat except for 1 tablespoon.
- When the butternut is cooked, transfer ¾ to the pan with the pork fat then saute with the thyme until fragrant.
- Pour in the cream and add the nutmeg then mash with a potato masher or blend with a handheld blender until smooth. Season to taste then remove from the heat.
- Cook the pasta in lots of salted, boiling water until al dente. Before draining, reserve 1 cup of the cooking water.
- Toss the cooked pasta with the butternut sauce and the pork chunks. Add a little of the reserved pasta water if the sauce is too thick.
- Serve with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese (optional), and serve.
You could enjoy this recipe too
Buy the ingredients
Add to Cart