Move over margherita! This amasi pizza base adds a local spin on the classic pizza bianco. The amasi makes for an unbelievably soft base and brings all the flavour. And the crispy, roasted Apache potatoes? They simply seal the deal.
|Cooking Time:||45 minutes|
|Prep Time:||1 hour|
- Chilli oil, to drizzle
- Mozzarella, sliced
- Crème fraiche or sour cream to serve
- 1 T olive oil
- 350 g self raising flour
- 1 cup Woolworths Amasi
- 6 – 8 Woolworths Apache Potatoes, rinsed and thinly sliced
- 2 T olive oil
- 100 g Woolworths Garlic Butter
- Rosemary, chopped
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
To make the roasted Apache potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Toss the sliced potatoes in 2 T olive oil, garlic butter, rosemary and seasoning.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until lightly golden and crunchy. (These also make the ultimate bar snack)
- Set aside while you make your pizza.
To make the amasi pizza dough
- Preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Combine the flour, amasi and olive oil in a bowl until a dough starts to come together, turn out onto a clean surface and knead for about 10 minutes until soft and silky.
- Place in an oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel and place aside in a warm place until doubled in size, depending on the weather this can take up to an hour.
- Preheat a round cast-iron skillet in the oven while you roll out your bases.
- Roll out the dough into discs on a lightly floured surface.
- Carefully remove the hot pan and drizzle slightly with olive oil before adding a pizza base.
- Bake for 6–8 minutes before removing from the oven again and adding your toppings of choice.
- Spread over crème fraiche or sour cream, chopped rosemary, sliced mozzarella and the roasted Apache potatoes, season to taste, drizzle with olive oil.
- Continue to bake for a further 6–8 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Eat hot out of the pan with extra chilli oil.
You could enjoy this recipe too
Buy the ingredients
Add to Cart