These veggie curry parcels are almost too easy
Proving once again that getting dinner on the table does not have to be an endless production, we present you with: easy peasy veggie curry parcels. Enjoy!
- 300 g cauliflower florets, chopped into small pieces
- 500 g Woolworths Prepared Pumpkin or Sweet Potato, chopped into small pieces
- Woolworths Garlic, Ginger, Chilli and Turmeric tub, ½ t of each aromatic
- 1 x 400 g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- Woolworths Cape Malay Curry Cook-in-Sauce
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 limes, halved
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup yoghurt
- 4 Woolworths Butter Rotis, toasted
- Woolworths Crispy Onion Sprinkle, to serve
- Woolworths Mild Mango Atchar to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Fold a 20 x 30cm sheet of baking paper in half.
- Arrange a fourth of the vegetables on one side of the baking paper.
- Mix together ½ t each of the garlic, ginger, chilli and turmeric.
- Add ½ t of this mixture to the veggies and top with ¼ can of drained chickpeas.
- Fold the paper over the veggies, leaving a gap to add the sauce. Repeat the process with more baking paper and the rest of the veggies until you have 4 parcels. (If there are excess veg, roast them separately in a baking tray.)
- Place the parcels in an oven dish, pour the Cape Malay Curry cook-in-sauce into the gaps to cover the veggies, then seal completely by folding in the edges.
- Roast for 35-40 minutes or until the veggies are cooked through.
- To make a quick pickled onion - thinly slice the red onion, then add salt and the lime juice. Massage the ingredients together and then set aside.
- Open the veggie parcels at the table, drizzle with olive oil, squeeze over lemon juice and season.
- Serve with pickled onions, toasted rotis, crispy onion sprinkle and cooling yoghurt with a bit of mango atchar stirred into it.
Keen to get cooking?