Tomato salsa pasta with baby marrow fries
Everyone needs a go-to pasta recipe; this one might be yours – along with a delicious side order of fries. It’s a plant-based https://www.woolworths.co.za/cat/_/N-1adko1u thing of beauty.
- Spaghetti: 400 g, cooked al dente
- Woolworths Exotic Tomatoes: 200 g, cut in half
- Capers: 12
- Italian parsley: 20 g, chopped
- Green olives: 12, smashed
- Zest of 1 lime
- Extra virgin olive oil: 3 tablespoons
- Red wine vinegar: 3 tablespoons
- Garlic: 1 clove, grated
- Sunflower oil: 2 cups, to deep fry
- Baby marrows: 6, large
- Almond milk: ½ cup, unsweetened
- Rice flour: 100 g
- Parmesan: 100 g, grated
- Salt, to season
- Heat some sunflower oil in a medium-sized pot.
- Quarter the baby marrows lengthwise.
- Add the rice flour to a mixing bowl and whisk in the almond milk to form a batter.
- Dip the baby marrow sticks in the batter until it is completely covered, then roll each stick in grated Parmesan.
- Gently lower each stick into the oil without touching each other. Fry until golden brown.
- Remove the sticks from the oil and drain on kitchen paper. Season with salt.
- Mix the salsa ingredients, toss with pasta and top with baby marrow fries.
- (Serves 4)