Powerful recipes with power grains
Lately, the ancient grains known as power grains http://www.woolworths.co.za/cat?Ntt=power+grains&Dy=1&Nty=1 have been making a powerful comeback. Their delicious, earthy flavours make them ideal in salads and sides, as well as the main event.
- Spelt: This wholegrain is great for baking
- Quinoa (pronounced ‘keenwa’): is versatile like rice, and naturally gluten-free
- Pearl barley: this kernel is great in casseroles, soups and pilaffs
- Bulgur wheat: a wholewheat grain that works well in salads
- Woolworths 7 Grain Medley: (ready in 90 seconds) is a robust combo of modern and ancient grains
And if you’re ready to get cooking: