The Woolworths Trust
The Woolworths Trust was formed in 2003 and has been making a tangible difference in South Africa. In partnership with various organisations, the Trust coordinates the many ways in which Woolworths gives back to make a meaningful impact in local communities by supporting programmes that improve food security, reduce child vulnerability and uplift education.
Here’s how the Woolworths Trust makes a difference:
- The Woolworths Trust has enabled hundreds of schools and communities to grow their own food gardens through our partnership with Food & Trees for Africa and the EduPlant programme.
- We support Childsafe, a campaign launched by the Child Accident Prevention Foundation of Southern Africa which aims to create awareness of child injuries and how to prevent them.
- The Woolworths Trust supports the upliftment of education in South African schools through its partnership with the National Education Collaboration Trust and by providing educators with much-needed educational resources and experiential activities through the Woolworths Making the Difference Educational Programmes.
- The Trust also encourages Woolworths employees to get involved in charitable work within their local communities and provides support for a variety of charitable causes.
- The Trust also oversees millions of Rands worth of donations of surplus food to charities every year.