Indulgent egg-and-bacon sandwich
This breakfast is basically a warm hug.
Sometimes, and especially after a week of trying-your-best-to-eat-healthy, you just need a little bit of indulgence on a weekend morning. Breakfast in the form of a hug, basically. Which is exactly what this egg-and-bacon sandwich is.
Recipe by: Abigal Donnelly
- 2-4 bacon rashers
- 2 T canola oil
- 3 free range eggs
- Boerenkaas cheese, a few slices
- 2 slices bread
- Honey mustard, for serving
- Pesto or sriracha sauce, for serving
- Cook bacon in a pan over a medium heat on both sides until just crisp. Set aside.
- Add oil to the same pan and crack in eggs. Just before the egg whites set, stir through the yolks using a fork or chopsticks to create a marbled effect.
- Flip the eggs and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Place a few slices of Boerenkaas cheese, or any cheese of your choice, on a slice of bread (we used a croissant-style bread), and spread with a generous layer of honey mustard.
- Top with the bacon and egg, pesto or sriracha mayo, and the top slice of bread.
In the mood for an eggy breakfast? Shop eggs at Woolworths: