This easy coffee loaf cake is a dream
Turn your next coffee break into an EXPERIENCE with this easy and delicious coffee loaf cake. And did we mention the crushed Chuckles frosting?
Tiramisu loaf cake
Preparation: 25 minutes
Baking: 1 hour
- 230 g flour
- 2 t baking powder
- 275 g white sugar
- 115 g butter
- 2 free range eggs, beaten
- 2 t cocoa
- 2 t vanilla essence
- 3 T or 1 espresso shot of Woolworths Italian Capsules
- 1 cup milk
- 140 g soft butter
- 280 g sifted icing sugar
- Crushed Chuckles, to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Sift the flour and baking powder together.
- Beat the sugar and butter until pale and creamy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, adding the flour between additions.
- Add the cocoa and the vanilla essence and mix through.
- Brew the Italian espresso according to the package instructions, then add the coffee to the milk and mix with the batter to combine.
- Spoon into a greased 20 cm loaf tin and bake for 1 hour. Cool in the pan.
- To make the icing, combine the butter and icing sugar and mix well. (Loosen with a splash of milk, or coffee if you want to up the coffee factor.) Pipe the icing onto the cake and sprinkles with crushed Chuckles. Enjoy with a steaming cup of coffee!
In the mood for a cup of coffee now?