You need this ‘new’ potato bake in your life
Say hi to this absolutely delicious new take on potato bake. Made with frozen Woolies röstis. And bacon. And lots of cheese. (True story.)
- Woolworths Frozen Crispy Potato Röstis: 1 x 500 g packet
- Butter: 2 tablespoons
- Flour: 2 tablespoons
- Full cream milk: 1 cup, heated
- Cream: 1 cup, heated
- Mozzarella: 50 g, grated
- White cheddar: 50 g, grated
- Ground white pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Mozzarella: sliced 150 g
- Exotic tomatoes: 350 g
- Cheddar: 100 g, grated
- Dry cured wood smoked streaky bacon, 200 g, cooked and chopped
- Chives: 5 g, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Place the röstis on an oven tray and bake for 10 minutes on each side.
- While the röstis are baking, melt the butter in a medium saucepan. Whisk in the flour and cook for 5–7 minutes, or until browned. Add the milk, whisking continually. Once the mixture has thickened slightly, add the cream and continue whisking until thick and creamy. Add the cheese and seasoning, reserving some cheese for the top.
- Cover the röstis with the cheese sauce and add in a few mozzarella slices. Top with tomatoes, sprinkle with extra cheese and bake for 25 minutes. Serve immediately with crispy bacon bits and chopped chives.