Say hello to the hot cross bun ice cream sandwich
We love hot cross buns. We love ice cream. It just makes sense to put them together, no? Good old-fashioned common sense, clearly.
- Hot cross buns: 6
- Ideal evaporated milk: 380 g can
- Sweetened condensed milk: 385 g can
- Dessert and cooking cream: 290 g
- vanilla extract: 1 tablespoon
- Caramel treat
- Chill the evaporated milk and condensed milk in the fridge overnight or in the freezer for an hour.
- Whip the evaporated milk until thick and fluffy and add the condensed milk, cream, and vanilla extract.
- Beat well to combine.
- Pour into the freezer bowl and freeze for 45 minutes.
- Beat again and re-freeze overnight.
- Toast the hot cross buns and spread one half with Nutella and the other with caramel treat.
- Serve warm with a generous scoop of the ice cream inside.