The life's-to-short-to-eat-indoors braai menu
This holiday, take your entertaining outside with this spectacular braai menu. Because summer’s too short to spend all day cooking in the kitchen.
Sizzle & shake starter
- Add exotic tomatoes to a braai pan and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add a few cloves of garlic and grill on the braai until the tomatoes start to burst and blister.
- When they’re slightly soft, remove the pan from the braai and serve on double cream plain yoghurt.
- Drizzle with those delicious pan juices and scatter with baby herbs.
- Take one Woolworths Easy to Cook Leg of Lamb and cook according to the package instructions – then add a twist by grilling it on the braai for some extra smokey flavour.
- Grill on each side for a couple of minutes.
- Remove when the lamb has a nice chargrilled crust.
- Leave to rest.
- Halve stone fruit like nectarines, drizzle with honey and grill cut-side down until caramelised.
- Serve with fresh mint and fennel fronds.
Sneaky salad plot twist
- For the ultimate braai salad, halve just ripe gem avocados, rub with olive oil and grill cut-side down on a medium braai for a few minutes until slightly charred.
- Serve with torn fior di latte, rocket, mixed olives and marinated artichokes.
- Dress with balsamic vinegar and good olive oil and dig in!