|Cooking Time:||15 minutes|
|Prep Time:||45 minutes|
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 100 g sesame seeds
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 Tbsp dry red wine
- 5 Tbsp soya sauce
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- sunflower oil, for frying
- 1 x 200 g panko breadcrumbs
- 2 x 5cm pieces fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 free-range eggs, beaten
- 4 skinless free-range chicken breasts, halved horizontally
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
- Season the chicken, then dip into the 2 eggs (beaten), 1 x 5cm greated ginger and 200g panko crumbs respectively until coated on both sides.
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the chicken for 3 minutes on each side. Drain on kitchen paper.
- For Katsu dipping sauce: Mix the 2 Tbsp sugar, 2 tsp Dijon mustard, 2 Tbsp soya sauce, 2 Tbsp dry red wine and 2 crushed garlic cloves until well incorporated. Use this as a dipping sauce for crispy fried chicken.
- For the sesame dressing: Blend 100g sesame seeds in a blender to form a paste. Mix in the remaining ingredients: 3 Tbsp soya sauce, 1 x 5cm grated ginger, 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 1/4 cup of rice vinegar and serve with chopped radish, steamed spinach or raw cabbage salad.