Spinach is the quintessential luxury crop. The delicately flavoured leaves come into their own when properly handled in the kitchen. Not to be confused with Swiss chard, spinach is a totally different species. The short plants really do well in the colder months of the year, and abhor the hot summer months.
HOW TO USE
- Plant from March through to September
- Plant the seeds 5 – 7 mm deep and 50 cm apart with 50 cm between rows.
- Transplant at last 3 weeks before first frost
- Water lightly every morning.
- Add a good organic fertiliser and the addition of bonemeal will go a long way to ensuring a great crop.
- Harvest regularly by pinching out the individual leaves.
- Regular harvesting of both baby and full leaves will require a second or third crop to be planted.
- Approximately 50 seeds
- Spinacia oleracea
- GROW YOUR OWN
- Exclusively available at Woolies
These Heirloom Vegetable Seeds have been saved and maintained through generations from varieties that existed before 1950. Sean and Nicola Freeman of Livingseeds are the custodians of the largest vegetable heirloom collection in South Africa.
- Product code:
Leave us a review!
Share with us your experience with this product