- Pre-heat the oven to 180°c. Grease and line 2x20cm cake pans with baking paper.
- Divide the mixed batter between the prepared cake pans then place in the oven.
- Allow to bake for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and allow to cool completely.
- To make the butter cream, whip the butter until light and fluffy then mix in the icing sugar and cocoa powder.
- Whip until the butter cream is smooth and creamy then add the coffee, tablespoon at a time taking care not to thin out the butter cream too much.
- Sandwich the cakes together with half of the buttercream and top the cake with the remaining buttercream.
- Carefully top the iced cake with crushed chuckles and serve.
- 1 chocolate cake baking kit
- butter, melted
- 400 g sifted icing sugar, for dusting
- 3 Tbsp cocoa powder, for dusting
- 2-3 tbls cold Fairtade coffee or espresso
- crushed chuckles, for decorating
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.