|Serves :||6 tarts|
|Cooking Time :||10 minutes|
|Prep Time :||30 minutes|
- 2 Free-range eggs
- Fairtrade ground filter coffee, for garnishing
- 200 g Flour, plus extra for dusting
- 60 g Butter
- 600 g Castor sugar
- 240 g Dark chocolate, chopped and melted
- 250 ml Double cream
- 75 ml Fairtade coffee or espresso
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
To make the pastry:
- In a processor, process the 200 g flour, 150 g butter and 60 g castor sugar until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Place in a bowl and add one egg and an additional egg yolk. Combine and press together using your hands.
- Dust a work surface with a little flour then lightly knead the dough until smooth. Dust a sheet of clingfilm with a little flour then roll out the dough on the clingfilm until 5mm thick.
- Cut out rounds then line each tart case with dough.
- Refrigerate to chill while preparing the filling. Preheat the oven to 180°C.
To make the filling:
- Melt the chocolate and cream.
- Add the warm coffee or espresso then whisk until thick and smooth.
- Remove the tart cases from the refrigerator and bake blind.
- Remove and cool. Fill each with the chocolate-and-coffee mixture and serve garnished with coffee beans and espresso.