- 1 2.3-2.5kg bone-in leg of lamb
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary, cut into 3cm pieces
- olive oil, to drizzle
- 1 head of garlic
- small handful fresh thyme sprigs, leaves only
- 4-6 red onions
- 2 bay leaves
- salt and pepper
- roasted potatoes
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 160°c.
2. With a sharp knife, make small slits in the lamb and press a sprig of rosemary into each slit.
3. Place the lamb in a roasting tray then drizzle with olive oil.
4. Place the garlic, thyme, onions and bay leaf around the lamb.
5. Season generously with salt and pepper then cover with foil and place in the oven.
6. Allow the lamb to cook for 3-4 hours until the lamb is soft and tender.
7. Uncover the lamb for the last 30 minutes of cooking to allow the skin to brown.
8. Remove from the oven and allow to rest for 30 minutes in a warm spot.
9. Carve and serve with the juices that have formed in the bottom of the pan and crispy roasted potatoes.
VISIT OUR EASTER SHOP EXPLORE MORE EASTER RECIPES