|Prep Time :||45 minutes|
|Cooking Time :||1 hour|
|Cook's Tips :||Keep the shavings in the freezer until you need them as they melt very quickly.|
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 24cm x 11cm Bundt tin. Using an electric hand-mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until pale.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then add the sweet potato, dark chocolate and orange zest. Sift together the wholewheat and cake flours, and the baking powder.
- Fold the flour into the egg mixture until well combined. Pour into the greased Bundt tin and bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer tester comes out clean. Allow to cool completely before removing from the tin.
- To make the milk chocolate ganache, break the milk chocolate into small pieces and place in a mixing bowl. Bring the 1/2 cup of milk to a simmer over a medium heat, then pour over the chocolate. Stir slowly until all the chocolate has melted. Drizzle over the cake while the ganache is still warm.
- To make the white chocolate shavings, place a silicone baking mat on a baking tray and spread with the melted white chocolate. Chill until set, then run a palette knife along the chocolate from the top to the bottom. Scatter the shavings over the cake before serving.
- 400 g softened butter
- 3 tsp treacle sugar
- 1 Free-range eggs, beaten
- 400 g sweet potato, cooked and pureed
- 200 g good-quality dark chocolate, melted
- 4 orange or naartjie, zested
- 110 g nutty wheat flour
- 4 heaped tbsp cake flour, sifted
- 4 tsp baking powder
- good-quality milk chocolate
- A splash milk
- 200 g good-quality white chocolate, melted
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.