|Recipe By:||Abigail Donnelly|
|Prep Time :||60 minutes|
- Place the melted white chocolate in a piping bag fitted with a small nozzle. Print a template of any design you wish to make, such as a butterfly or a flower, and place it on a baking tray with a sheet of plastic or a clear silicone mat on top. Pipe the design with the melted chocolate, making sure the outlines are quite thick, then chill in the fridge or freezer until ready to use.
- Melt the 1 cup sugar in 2Tbsp water in a medium saucepan over a high heat until the sugar starts to caramelise. Swirl the saucepan once in a while to ensure even heat distribution.
- Divide the popcorn into 2 batches, then pour the dark chocolate over 1 batch and the caramelised sugar over the other. Mix the batches separately with a wooden spoon to coat the popcorn in the chocolate and the sugar.
- To assemble the cake, heat a clean dishcloth under running hot water, then mix the ice cream in the tub until the ice cream starts to come away from the sides. Tip the ice cream out onto a cake platter and carefully unmould. Decorate with the popcorn, white chocolate design and shards of honeycomb.
- To make the honeycomb, melt 2 cups sugar and 4Tbsp water in a saucepan over a high heat until the sugar has dissolved and starts to caramelise. Once the sugar is golden in colour, add the 2tsp bicarbonate of soda and swirl the saucepan vigorously. It will start bubbling fiercely, so take care that it doesn’t burn. Pour onto a piece of greased baking paper and allow to cool. Break into shards.
- white chocolate, to garnish
- 3 cups white sugar
- 4 Tbsp cold water
- 2 cups popped popcorn
- dark chocolate, grated, to decorate
- 1 litre chocolate ice cream
- 3/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.