|Cooking Time :||2 1/2 hours|
|Prep Time :||15 minutes|
|Serving Suggestion :||Serve with jasmine rice.|
- 2Kg lamb neck
- 2 large onions
- 4 cloves garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp garam masala or curry powder
- 1/2 Tbsp ground nutmeg
- 8 cloves cloves
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tsp White sugar
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved or 6 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 750ml chicken/ vegetable stock
- 1 410g tin tomato puree (not paste)
- 3 Tbsp apricot jam, melted, plus extra for serving
- 4 bay leaves
- jasmine rice to serve
Woolworths is committed to sustainability via our good business journey. Seasonal (and other) products might not always be in stock.
- Cut through the fat of each piece of lamb neck as this will prevent it from curling up during cooking.
- In a large pot, brown the lamb in batches. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pot, fry the onions until soft and golden.
- Add the garlic and spices and fry for another minute before adding the tomatoes. Cook until the tomatoes are softened and their juices have been released.
- Add the lamb back to the pot and stir to coat the lamb with the tomatoes and spices.
- Combine the stock, tomato puree and apricot jam and pour over the lamb. You need enough to just cover the lamb. Add the bay leaves.
- Reduce the heat, cover and allow to simmer gently for 2 to 2 1/2 hours until the lamb can be pulled from the bone.
- Check the seasoning and adjust, it needs to be pleasantly sweet. Serve with the cooked Jasmine Rice.