Click on the topics below to view the related FAQs.
Financial Services: Black Credit Card FAQs
What’s the income criteria for a Woolworths Black Credit Card?To qualify for a Woolworths Black Credit Card, you must:
- Earn in excess of R41,666 per month
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a valid RSA ID number
How many interest free days are available on the Woolworths Black Credit Card?You get up to 55 days interest free! You also get free delivery when you shop via our website, a free coffee or tea twice a month at any of our W Cafes and a free Taste magazine every month. Read the full list of Woolworths Black Credit Card Benefits now.
What is the minimum transaction value on Budget transaction? And what are the payment period options?The minimum transaction value on budget transaction is R300.00 with a repayment period option from 6 – 60 months.
Can transactions be transferred from the straight facility to the budget facility?Purchases (with a minimum value of R300.00) can be transferred from straight to budget within 90 days following the date of transaction.
Do I need to pay for additional cards?No, you won't need to pay for additional cards. As a Woolworths Black Credit Card holder, you can get up to 8 free secondary cards.
Where is the CVV, or Card Verification Value found on the card? And what is it used for?Your CVV (Certification Verfication Value) number can be found at the end of the number sequences on the back of your credit card (usually the last 3 or 4 digits) which is used for shopping online.
What’s the minimum instalment due every month and how is it calculated?The 5% minimum monthly instalment is calculated utilising the closing balance and instalments due on budget purchases (if any).
What are the withdrawal limits set to on the Woolworths Black Credit Card?The withdrawal limit default is set to R3000, but this may be lowered or increased to R7500 maximum per day depending on your credit limit.
Besides calling into the call centre, where else can I view my balances?Here's a list of our alternative self service solutions:
- Balance enquiries (straight facility) can be done at any ABSA ATM in South Africa
- Log in or register online. Once you've linked your card details to your online account, you'll be able to log on anytime to view your balances
- Download the app https://m.woolies.co.za
- You can also dial *120*985# on your cell phone and follow the instructions
How is the value of the loyalty vouchers calculated?You get:
- Up to 3% back in WRewards quarterly vouchers on Woolworths purchases
- Up to 1% back in WRewards quarterly vouchers on non-Woolworths purchases
When do the loyalty vouchers get sent out?WRewards vouchers are issued to customers quarterly with the quarters ending in the months of February, May, August and November, provided that the minimum voucher value is R75.00 or more, and can be redeemed at any Woolworths store within South Africa. Should the value of the voucher not exceed R75 during a 12 month period (starting from the date the card was issued), the WRewards voucher will lapse and it will start from zero.
What are the added benefits Black Credit Card customers receive from Woolworths?These are the exciting benefits you'll receive as a Woolworths Black Credit Card holder:
- Free online shopping delivery.
- Free monthly TASTE magazine voucher.
- 2 Free Coffee vouchers at Woolworths Cafes each month.
- Free delivery of card by Courier Service.
- Visa Extended Warranty - Coverage is provided which doubles the original manufacturer’s warranty period. If applicable to a period of not exceeding 24 months. Cover include if the purchase is stolen or damaged or if the purchased ceases to operate satisfactorily and requires repairs.
- Visa Purchase Protection - provides short term insurance protection against theft and specified causes of accidental damage for 90 days from the date of purchase.
What type of documentation am I required to produce upon collection of the Credit Card in store and for face-to-face delivery?When collecting your credit card, bring the following:
- Valid South African ID
- Latest three payslips or the last three months' bank statements
- Utility bill or original bank statement dated within the last three months, as proof of residence
Can't Find What You're After?
Let us know and we'll get you the info you're looking for as soon as possible.
Send us your question