WRewards Terms and Conditions
Last modified: 31 January 2017
It is important that you read these WRewards terms and conditions (“WRewards Terms”) and the Woolworths privacy notice carefully to ensure that you understand what WRewards you are eligible for, what communications you can expect and how to make sure that you receive your WRewards. If you do not comply with these rules, your membership of WRewards may be terminated.
HOW TO BECOME PART OF WREWARDS
You will automatically become a WRewards member if you have a:
- WRewards card
- Woolworths Credit Card
- Woolworths Store Card
- MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card (If you have unsubscribed from WRewards, you will only enjoy instant savings, not other WRewards guaranteed benefits.)
- or if you are a member of Littleworld
Contact us on 0861 50 20 50 to get your WRewards loyalty card or 0860 100 445 for a MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card.
To apply for a Woolworths Store Card or Credit Card contact 0861 50 20 20
- To participate you must be 18 years or older, shop in South Africa, have a South African ID number or foreign passport number and provide us with your e-mail address and cell phone number.
- If you belong to a WRewards programme in another country, it is subject to separate terms and conditions.
- If you are purchasing online at www.woolworths.co.za you must make sure that you have linked your Woolworths card to your online profile to earn instant savings and for the purchase to count towards your status level.
Swipe any of your Woolworths cards before each purchase at any Woolworths, Country Road, Trenery, Witchery, Mimco, JT One, Engen Foodstops (except if you pay with a Woolworths Credit Card and do not swipe another Woolworths card first), selected WCafé or other WRewards partner stores in South Africa and you will:
- Automatically earn instant savings, and earn other guaranteed benefits based on your status level (tier) determined by your annual spend in these stores and your online purchases. Information about how your status level is determined is available at www.woolworths.co.za. Please note that there are certain transactions which are excluded from the calculation.
- The rewards offered under WRewards are in addition to the benefits earned when you pay with a Woolworths Store or Credit Card.
- Selected instant WRewards savings are available for online or in app purchases. In order to qualify for these rewards and for your online or in app purchases to count towards your status level (tier) you must make sure that your card is linked to your online or app profile by clicking here.
- We are entitled to adjust the spend thresholds (they are adjusted annually), the number of status levels (tiers) or the rewards at any stage without notification.
- Please note that not all promotions are available in all stores, online or in our apps and special offers are only available for limited periods, while stocks last and may change without notice.
- You must swipe your card prior to each purchase in order for the purchase to count towards your status level (tier) calculation. Purchases made without first swiping your card will not count and post-purchase adjustments are not permitted.
- The following purchases will not be included in your status level (tier) calculation:
a) Woolworths gift cards
b) Payments of utility bills
c) Plastic bags
d) The value of any products returned to us
e) Clothing alterations
f) Coffee shop tips
g) Inter-branch product transfers
h) Delivery fees
- Selected instant WRewards savings are available for online or in app purchases. Please make certain your card is linked to your online or app profile(s) by clicking here to ensure that your online or app purchases count towards your status level (tier) calculation.
- The following apply at Engen Foodstops:
a) Purchases will not be included in your status level (tier) calculation if you paid with your Woolworths Credit Card unless you swipe your WRewards, Store Card or MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card before the purchase.
b) Your blue MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card must always be swiped upfront in order for your school and/or charity to benefit unless the card has been linked to your Woolworths card.
- If you only have a personal loan, you do not qualify for WRewards unless you have been issued with a card and use it to make purchases.
- Not all WRewards offers are available at all stores, online or in our apps and special offers may change without notice.
- We cannot be held responsible for any guaranteed benefits that are not received or received late as a result of circumstances beyond our control.
WREWARDS VOUCHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This section does not apply to Woolworths gift cards, but only to vouchers received as WRewards guaranteed benefits.
- Your WRewards vouchers will reflect on your online or app profile.
- The WRewards vouchers offer a discount for a limited period on your next purchase.
- The WRewards vouchers are subject to the following terms and conditions and any additional terms which may be applicable to a particular voucher:
a) Vouchers must be used in conjunction with a Woolworths Store or Credit Card, WRewards card or linked MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet card.
b) A voucher may only be redeemed once.
c) Vouchers may not be used for account payments, to purchase gift cards or redeemed for cash.
d) Misuse of vouchers in any way constitutes fraud and could lead to criminal prosecution.
e) Lost vouchers cannot be replaced.
f) Vouchers cannot be redeemed at Engen Foodstops.
g) Other limitations on the use of vouchers may be communicated from time to time.
LITTLEWORLD MEMBERS TERMS & CONDITIONS
- If you simultaneously register as a member of Littleworld, you will enjoy additional benefits under the WRewards programme. Click here to register and nominate a child who is younger than 7 years of age.
- As a Littleworld member you will receive a welcome email, promotional information, vouchers and savings for children’s products in addition to the WRewards vouchers and savings received in terms of the WRewards programme. You are required to provide a child’s age and gender when you register as a Littleworld member. The emails, promotional information, vouchers and savings are guaranteed benefits for Littleworld members. If you do not wish to receive any of these guaranteed benefits, you must unsubscribe from the Littleworld programme by calling us on 0861 502050.
- New members who join Littleworld from 1 August 2016 and spend R450 or more in a single purchase on any Woolworths products within the first 3 (three) months of joining will receive a complimentary spa voucher treatment to the minimum value of R180. The spa voucher is subject to the following terms and conditions:
a) Recipients are limited to 1 (one) pampering treatment each.
b) Recipients are required to make their own spa booking by contacting 0861 111 915.
c) The spa voucher must be printed out and presented to the spa where the recipient will redeem the pampering treatment.
d) The spa voucher is not redeemable for cash.
e) The participating spas are contracted to participate in the offer and Woolworths and their agencies cannot be held responsible for any changes made by the spa to the venue and/or booking arrangements.
f) Recipients of the spa voucher accept and understand that the spa treatment shall be undertaken entirely at their own risk. We do not accept responsibility for any loss, damage or harm caused by the spas participating in the Littleworld programme or any of their employees or contractors.
- All active Littleworld members who spend R450 or more in a single purchase in month, on any kidswear products at Woolworths will be automatically entered into our monthly competition, where they stand a chance to win a Woolworths Gift Card valued at R500. The R450 spend for a particular month is an automatic entry for that month only and may not be carried over as an entry for the next month.
- To learn more about how we use your or the child’s personal information, please read our privacy notice by clicking here.
- Littleworld vouchers and savings may not be available at all stores, online or in our apps including food stores and Engen Foodstops. Please therefore check that the voucher may be redeemed, or the saving is available, at your local store or online.
- Your Littleworld membership will automatically end when the nominated child reaches 7 years of age. We will notify you prior to the expiry of your Littleworld membership. Contact us by email or call our call centre on 0861 502050to cancel your Littleworld membership at any time.
- We reserve the right to change the Littleworld terms and conditions, including any of the benefits, or to withdraw the Littleworld programme at any stage.
CORRECT CONTACT INFORMATION IS ESSENTIAL
- Certain WRewards will only be sent to you by e-mail, sms or via our apps. Please ensure that we always have your correct contact details to ensure that you receive your WRewards.
- We cannot accept responsibility if you do not receive certain WRewards because you provided us with the incorrect contact details.
CALCULATION OF STATUS LEVEL (TIER)
- Your annual spend will be calculated from the first to the last day of each Woolworths financial year. This is referred to as the WRewards Year.
- All customers will begin on the Valued status level (tier) except for holders of the Woolworths Black Credit Card who will automatically be members on the VIP status level (tier) for one year.
- It may take up to 2 months before your purchase will reflect on your status level (tier).
- You will be eligible for an upgrade in status level (tier) every month of the WRewards Year. Downgrades only take place once annually (at the start of the WRewards Year) and are based on your spend during the previous 12 months.
- Some WRewards are given at the beginning of the WRewards Year and won’t be available if you upgrade to or join at that status level (tier) later in the year. You will receive WRewards for the remainder of the year.
- If you have agreed that we may contact you for marketing purposes, we may send you promotional offers for products and services which may be of interest to you based on your past shopping behaviour.
- When you receive promotional information relating to our WRewards programme you will always be given the opportunity to unsubscribe.
- You may also subscribe or unsubscribe at any time online or by phoning us on 0861 502050. If you wish to change your MySchool marketing consent, please contact MySchool on 0860 100 445 or email@example.com.
- Littleworld members who do not wish to receive promotional information relating to the Littleworld programme must unsubscribe from the Littleworld programme by phoning us on 0861 502050.
- Information about special offers, various vouchers and other loyalty rewards are not promotional material. They are guaranteed benefits for qualifying WRewards members. If you are a member of WRewards you receive them automatically.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You know us as Woolworths, but in fact we are a group of companies that includes Woolworths, Woolworths Financial Services and MySchool MyVillage MyPlanet.
- When you share your information with one of these companies, you may also be sharing it with others. In some instances you may also be sharing your information with other companies that help us provide services to you (e.g., the company that delivers your online shopping). To learn more about how we use your personal information, please click here.
- We use your personal information to create a profile for you. We keep your personal information private, and only disclose it to other companies if you ask us to, or if they need it to help us provide services to you. To learn more about how we use your personal information, please click here.
- We reserve the right to withdraw or cancel your participation in WRewards if we consider you to have acted contrary to these WRewards Terms.
- We reserve the right to discontinue WRewards at any stage without reason.
- Your participation in WRewards may be disallowed, suspended or cancelled if any of your accounts with us are in arrears, or if, in our opinion, not in general good order and standing.
- Your WRewards card and status level (tier) may not be transferred to someone else.
- Only you, the person to whom the card is issued, may use your WRewards card. No secondary cards will be issued to family members or other third parties. Family members who are over the age of 18 years should each apply for their own WRewards card.
- WRewards benefits accrue to primary holders of Woolworths Store and Credit Cards.
- WRewards is operated by Woolworths Proprietary Limited (Reg. No. 1956/000518/07) (“Woolworths”). Any reference to Woolworths in these WRewards Terms shall include reference to its holding, associated and subsidiary companies.
- The WRewards card is issued by and remains our property